Slovak Folk and Cultural Centre (SFCC)
Children’s Slovak Folk Group Slniecko
Adults Slovak Folk Group Slnecnica
COVID-19 Protocol for 2020-2021 School Year
During the current COVID-19 pandemic, our goal is to minimize the risks of infection for all activity participants, instructors, volunteers and parents, and to follow government recommendations. The safety and well-being of our dancers, instructors, volunteers, and all of our families is the most important consideration.
The following guidelines will apply for any Slovak Folk Group’s classes, rehearsals, auditions, performances, meetings, or other activities (referred to below as the Activity). These guidelines will be adjusted according to the Government of Alberta recommendations as conditions continue to change over time.
Health Screening and Release of Liability:
- An online Health Screening Form has been created and a link has been distributed to all the dancers, instructors, parents, volunteers and all the families. The link is available on the SFCC’s website.
- The online Health Screening Form must be completed and submitted before the beginning of each Activity. One Screening Form per participant must be signed on the day of the Activity to ensure up-to-date health screening.
- Completed Health Screening Forms will be stored online and, upon request, provided to Alberta Health Services.
- A RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISK ASSOCIATED WITH THE NOVEL COVID-19 AND INFORMED CONSENT form must also be signed and submitted.
- Attendance will be taken prior to each Activity and consequently filed in case it is required later by health authorities.
Using PPE & Physical Distancing:
- The Activity will be led by the Instructors. The Instructors will make every effort to have all participants maintain a distance of at least 2m from all others during the Activity (Physical Distancing Works video)
- If 2 meters distance cannot be maintained, the participants will be required to use PPE. The participants will be requested to bring their own PPE for all practices. Emergency PPE will be provided by the SFCC.
- Parents/Caregivers dropping off participants are required to bring and wear their own PPE if they need to enter the building.
Curbside Drop Off & Pick Up:
- Parents/Caregivers will be asked to drop off participants at the entrance to the building 5 minutes before the Activity. Participants who arrive early will be asked to wait outside of the building to minimize communal spaces use.
- Participants should arrive dressed in their dance attire, ready to participate.
- Participants will be taken immediately to the Activity space where they will remain for the duration of the Activity.
- Parents are not permitted to stay inside the Activity space, nor they are allowed to wait in the building during this time.
- Parents will wait outside for the participants at the end of the Activity. Participants will be encouraged to leave promptly, within 5 minutes of the Activity ends.
- Participants will be asked to use hand sanitizer or wash their hands before and after the Activity. Hand sanitizer will be provided near the entrance. Participants will be asked to bring their own labelled pre-filled water bottle. Water bottles must not be shared. No food will be allowed at the Activity.
- All equipment provided for participants will be sanitized prior to and after each Activity. The equipment will not be shared during the Activity.
Responding to an Illness
- Instructors must use the online Health Screening Form before attending the Activity.
- Parents will be asked to fill out the online Health Screening Form on behalf of the participants prior to the Activity.
- Participants will be required to report immediately if they develop any COVID-19 related symptoms (as per AHS guidelines) during the Activity. Participants experiencing such symptoms will be promptly removed from the Activity.
- For Quarantine & Isolation guidelines please refer to the AHS website.
Cleaning and Disinfection:
- If required by the landlord, washrooms, the studio flooring, and any high touch surfaces will be cleaned before and after each Activity. The guidelines for disinfection, as laid out by the landlord, will be followed.
- Partial refunds will be considered in case of the Activity space closure and/or if there is a significant interruption to the Activity.
- We are not able to issue refunds in cases where a participant must quarantine or isolate due to illness or possible illness or if a participant is not able to attend the Activity due to any other reason.